John Macatee D.O.
Osteopathic Manual Medicine/Cranial Osteopathy, Prolotherapy and Integrative Medicine
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association, the Cranial Academy, the American Academy of Osteopathy, and the Sutherland Cranial Teaching Foundation
- member of the American Association of Prolotherapy Integrative Pain Management
Are DOs and MDs the Same?
Like allopathic physicians (MDs), osteopathic physicians (DOs) are trained to diagnose and treat medical problems using every treatment modality available, including the use of drugs and surgery. DOs and MDs often train side by side in their residencies. However, doctors who utilize osteopathic manual medicine and cranial osteopathy have thousands of hours in additional training which allows them to diagnose and treat disorders and disease in ways which are unique to the profession.
Dr Macatee is board certified in neuromusculoskeletal medicine/ osteopathic manual medicine (NMM/OMM) and has been in private practice for 15 years.
- graduate of University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1991
- residency trained in family practice at U-Mass Medical Center and Brighton Medical Center (affiliated with Maine Medical Center)
- member of A Still Sutherland Study Group of New England, dedicated to the work of William Garner Sutherland, DO in classical cranial osteopathy